You’ll love these favorite apps for smart & easy travel
March is here and our itch to travel is really starting. We’re well on the way to reach our travel savings goals, the research has been done on which budget-friendly European destinations we want to head to (btw, sign up for a free download of our European Travel booklet), and now we’re giving some serious thought to which outfits to pack. All that’s left is to make sure we’re prepared for traveling smartly and easily in a new place.
That’s where travel site, momondo.com, comes in. They’ve put together an awesome list of The 20 must-have travel apps for 2017. (We love it when someone does our homework for us!) They’re all pretty cool, and hit upon just about everything you’d need when traveling to a new destination, both abroad and in the U.S.
Here are some of our favorites from momondo.com’s list:
- Google Translate, iOS & Android ~ Use your smartphone camera for instant text translation in over 30 languages — handy when you’re in a restaurant known for some exotic menu items you don’t want to accidentally order. Offline the app can translate 52 languages.
- Yuggler, iOS ~ Described on the App Store as being the largest mobile resource of things to do for children, anytime, anywhere. Remember, when your kids are happy on the trip, so are you.
- XE, iOS & Android ~ Update the exchange rates before you step away from wifi, and the app will store those most current rates so it can convert currency for you while you’re traveling far and wide. Who wants to go to the trouble of doing the math in their head or pecking away on their phone calculator when looking to buy the perfect souvenir?
- AroundMe, iOS & Android ~ Find out useful information about where you are like the closest bank, hospital, bar, gas station, movie theater, grocery store, hotel, etc. See a listing as well as where it is on the map. It’s almost like having a helfpul cousin who’s grown up in whatever city you’re traveling in.
- Touchnote, iOS & Android ~ Sharing pics on social media can be so…umm, typical. Friends and family will think you’re incredibly thoughtful and on-top of things when you create a personalized postcard with your own vacation photos, and have it sent to them anywhere in the world. Free worldwide postage is included in the cost of the postcard itself ($1.99 – $2.99). Fellow travelers have used this app to send over 8 million postcards.
- Flush, iOS & Android ~ We saved what’s maybe the most useful app for last. With over 190,000 public toilets and counting, they (thankfully) know where a lot of bathrooms are. They also know which ones charge a fee (have you ever been stuck finally finding a bathroom but not having any currency to pay for it?!) and which ones have received decent ratings.
For info on the other 14 recommended apps and to see what your favorites are, be sure to check out the entire list.
What’s your progress on spring and summer travel saving and planning? If an unexpected expense has gotten in the way of meeting your travel savings goals, see how a Destination Anywhere loan can help finance your travel. Our quick & easy online application process and funding within a day or so of loan approval can mean you’ll be on track for taking your dream vacation. Affordable monthly payments designed to fit your budget are so much smarter than lingering minimum credit card payments that go on, and on…