Most Valuable Home Improvements for 2017
Looking to put your hard-earned cash, and maybe even some sweat equity into a home improvement project this year? If youâ€™re like many Americans considering whether to tackle a home remodel or improvement, two common questions come to mind â€” â€œWhich project will give me the biggest payback when I sell my home?â€ and â€œHow do I afford this home improvement?â€ To help with those questions, weâ€™ve put together this blog fromÂ RemodelingÂ magazineâ€™sÂ Cost vs Value 2017 report.
Here are a few key takeaways from the report:
- “Curb appeal” projects â€” ones that improve the look of the homeâ€™s exterior â€” create higher ROI than work done inside.
- Replacement â€” such as a front door, garage door or windows â€”as opposed to remodeling projects are given higher value by real estate professionals.
- The cheaper the project, the higher the payback.
- The hotter the real estate market, the higher the project payback.
- For more report highlights see what Remodelâ€™s editor-in-chief has to say in thisÂ video.
While all of these factors and stats are helpful when choosing where to spend your home improvement dollars, your heartâ€™s desire also counts â€” especially if youâ€™ll be in your home for at least several years after the project’s complete. If youâ€™ve been dying to update the bathroom or add a bar and media room to your finished basement, then, by all means, the personal enjoyment factor should weigh into your decision.
Hereâ€™s one last bit of adviceÂ ~ if the estimated price of your project and the amount youâ€™ve set aside for it just donâ€™t meet up, look to a LendingPoint personal loan to fill the gap. A home improvement loan from us is quick and easy toÂ applyÂ for, and weâ€™ll work with you to come up with an affordable monthly payment that fits within your budgetâ€¦because whether itâ€™s a bathroom loan or a kitchen loan that you need, we want to help you get the hammers swinging as soon as possible.
LendingPoint is a personal loan provider specializing in NearPrime consumers. Typically, NearPrime consumersÂ are people with credit scores in the 600s. If this is you, weâ€™d love to talk to you about how we might be able to help you meet your financial goals. We offerÂ loans from $2,000 to $25,000 with terms from 24 to 48 months, all with fixed payments and simple interest.