Gutter Replacement: What does it cost and how are you going to pay for it?
Gutters are an important part of your home’s structure: They direct water away from your home’s exterior walls, windows, doors, and foundation, preventing water from making its way inside. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever and some telltale signs that will signal you when it’s time to replace your gutters. Some examples include:
- Cracks or splits of any kind
- Paint peeling on or around your gutters
- Pools of water or signs of mildew around your home’s foundation
- Water damage or water marks directly underneath the gutters
- Gutters are sagging and/or starting to pull away from the house
How Much Do Gutters Cost to Install or Replace?
According to Homeadvisor.com, the national average costs approximately $949 and the typical range varies from $544 to $1,356. On the low end, it can cost a mere $200, but the high end can extend to a spend of $10,000.
The cost of a gutter repair depends a great deal on the type of gutter you select. There are four major choices.
- Vinyl gutters are the least expensive, costing as little as $4 per piece. Even the best vinyl gutters around almost never exceed $8.
- Aluminum is a little more expensive, starting at $6 per piece with the most expensive gutters ranging to $12.
- Steel gutters are higher quality, and their price reflects as such. They start at $11 and can often cost $33 per piece or more.
- Copper is the highest gutter quality of them all. Minimally, it costs about $40 per piece and usually costs more than $100.
Next, you’ll need to calculate labor cost, unless you’re a professional contractor yourself. According to Homeadvisor.com, “the estimate for a contractor to replace a gutter and downspout section that measures 50 feet is about $509 for an experienced contractor.” On the plus side, when you do replace your gutters, it’s fairly easy to maintain them and protect your investment. A gutter cleaner attachment is as inexpensive as $25 on Amazon and lets you rest easy knowing that your gutters are taken care of.
Home Improvement Financing
Your savings are important and if you don’t want to empty your emergency cash stash, a LendingPoint loan may be a great option.
Even if your credit score is lower than you would like it to be, you do have personal loan options. LendingPoint is dedicated to serving the NearPrime consumer with credit scores in the 600s. A personal loan can even help improve your credit score. By taking out one of our personal loans. you can make affordable monthly payments and build your credit story by making on-time payments each month. As you continue to make your payments on-time, you build your credibility and your credit history.
We offer decisions in minutes and funding as soon as the next business day to help make your home-improvement dreams a reality. There is no time like the present to start your home-improvement project.
At LendingPoint we offer affordable personal loans with a fixed APR and simple interest. We would love to help finance your home-improvement project. LendingPoint does not require equity or collateral so you can continue building equity in your most valuable asset—your home. Apply today and talk with one of our representatives about making your home improvement dreams a reality.