Quality Assurance Specialist
The QA Specialist reports to Total Quality Management and is responsible for the review, development and performing internal audit procedures and preparing internal audit reports that reflects the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on Investor covenants, compliance guidelines, and operational processes.
- Audits current controls and performance monitoring elements to assess effectiveness
- Works with TQM to develop, implement, monitor and manage the company’s compliance with internal control requirements.
- Apply accounting and auditing techniques within federal and state regulation standards
- Interact with various levels of management and staff in conducting interviews and testing internal process
- Audits/tests ongoing processes to assure continued compliance.
- Prepares report(s) based on the results of stated audits/tests to be presented and shared with senior staff.
- Assists in the oversight of the management and maintenance of the policies and procedures for Risk Testing, Fraud Prevention, and Internal Controls.
- Responsible for coordination, preparation and submission of OEL desk reviews.
- Conducts system, financial and operational audits as requested.
- Identify process improvements that lead to cost savings or revenue enhancement opportunities
- Review and evaluate policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all information of confidential nature is held in a secure and confidential method.
- Assist with external audits
- Ensure that all audit records and documentation are accurate and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance
- Performs other assigned duties as required
- Bachelor Degree or 2 years of experience internal or external audit experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience
- Must have understanding of internal auditing standards and risk assessment practices
Benefits & Compensation:
- Base plus monthly bonuses and excellent benefits package: Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid Holidays.